Oral history: Reliving the legendary Springsteen bomb scare show
- Cast of characters:
- Dave Benton (fan)
- Lt. Steven Caballero (Milwaukee Police Dept. bomb squad commander)
- Robert Cavallo (photographer)
- Mark Goff (photographer, Bugle American)
- Louie Lucchesi (fan)
- Damien Jaques (Milwaukee Journal reviewer)
- Peter Mortensen (Chief Concierge, The Pfister Hotel)
- Drew Olson (fan)
- Michael Plaisted (fan)
- Rick Rand (fan)
- Bob Reitman (WQFM dj/emcee)
- Bruce Springsteen (The Boss)
- Garry Tallent (E Street Band bassist)
Milwaukee is a city rife with associations, from beer to brats, Hogs to "Happy Days."
But for devoted fans of Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Milwaukee means only one thing: the bomb scare show – that Thursday night in October 1975 when the band's Cream City concert was halted by a bomb threat and resumed three hours later, resulting in a high-energy show unlike any other the band would ever perform.
Today is the 40th anniversary of that legendary gig: Are you loose?!
We tell the story here in an oral history.
This a a really long story so I won't reprint it here, just follow the link. I promise, you won't regret reading it.