Skip to main content

After a few wimpers on other threads it seems everyone is content to just take the "There is nothing I can do" attitude.

Hey the truckers in France are blockading the roads in response to 11-12 euros / litre.

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→←←←←←←←←←←←←←←

In the basement at St. Johns well I found her where she fell

Just another busted sister of Heartbreak Hotel

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I quit my job last July, moved to Colorado and now consult out of the house. Most clients require one initial meeting and then mostly email communication and phone. Ride my bike, run or walk whenever I can. Now that the warm weather is here my girlfriend and I ride out bikes to her job abut 13 miles each way as my T/Th morning workout. Drive her to/from the bus stop in town on M,W & F on my way to my morning training trail run.

Considering buying an electric scooter for short errands.

Some major life changes but it is a better way of life. Set my own schedule, salary, and vacation time.

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→←←←←←←←←←←←←←←

In the basement at St. Johns well I found her where she fell

Just another busted sister of Heartbreak Hotel

This has put a hurt on our vacation plans. We are flying to Colorado out of Philly since it is $75 cheaper per ticket (x4) but still almost $100 more a ticket than we are used to paying. Rental cars are more expensive as well.

Kind of a bummer, but we will still have lots of fun.

01000111 01101111 00100000 01000011 01100001 01110000 01110011

Originally Posted By: DirtDiablo
I quit my job last July, moved to Colorado and now consult out of the house. Most clients require one initial meeting and then mostly email communication and phone. Ride my bike, run or walk whenever I can. Now that the warm weather is here my girlfriend and I ride out bikes to her job abut 13 miles each way as my T/Th morning workout. Drive her to/from the bus stop in town on M,W & F on my way to my morning training trail run.

Considering buying an electric scooter for short errands.

Some major life changes but it is a better way of life. Set my own schedule, salary, and vacation time.

How nice do you smell after you ride your bike to work?
We used to have an executive shower that the higher ups could use. There was also an expensive health club adjacent to our facility that people joined so that if they walked on a hot summer day their business suits (yes, people used to wear suits) wouldn't be all nasty. And yes, people did this before gas was $4/gallon. Parking was $120/month.
We have guys that ride bike to work or they go and work out at lunch time and then they come back without getting a shower. Amazingly most don't smell so they must load up on deoderant when they get back. The one guy used to hang his undies on a coat rack to dry in his office after working out. It was a lovely sight.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Them smokestacks reaching like the arms of God into a beautiful sky of soot and clay"

Think a gallon of petrol is expensive?
This makes one think, and also puts things in perspective.
Diet Snapple 16 oz ?1.29 .. ?10.32 per gallon
Lipton Ice Tea 16 oz ?1.19 .?9.52 per gallon
Ocean Spray 16 oz ?1.25 ...... ?10.00 per gallon
Brake Fluid 12 oz ?3.15 ...... ?33.60 per gallon
Vick's Nyquil 6 oz E8.35 ... ?178.13 per gallon
Pepto Bismol 4 oz ?3.85 . ?123.20 per gallon
Tippex 7 oz ?1.39 ....... . ?5.42 per gallon
And this is the REAL KICKER...
Evian water 9 oz ?1.49..?21.19 per gallon! ?21.19 for WATER and the buyers don't even know the source
(Evian spelled backwards is Naive.)
You don't even want to compare it with perfume or after shave.
Ever wonder why printers are so cheap?
So they have you hooked for the ink.
Someone calculated the cost of the ink at................
(you won't believe it....but it is true........)
?5,200 a gal.. (five thousand two hundred pounds)
So, the next time you're at the pump,be glad your car doesn't run on water, or Tippex, Pepto Bismol, Nyquil or God forbid, Printer Ink!
Just a little humour to help ease the pain of your next trip to the petrol pump...
Link copied to your clipboard.