Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Originally Posted By: ramrod
anybody know much about this song?? I asked bruce about it once and he laughed and said he wished the band knew it. when I first heard it(on "B" sides?), I couldn't stop listening to it. was it ever officially released as a "B" side?? what is the song about??

-----------

"30 Days Out" and "Trouble River" were both part of a 15-track preliminary version of the HUMAN TOUCH album that leaked out in early 1992, nearly 3 months before the offical LP version was released.

Shane Fontayne was one of the people that had a copy of the 15-track version of HT in early 1992 - he was using it to familiarize himself with the material...not that I'm claiming Shane was the source of the leak of the tape.

In typical Springsteen fashion it appears that in early 1992 (just prior to Springsteen submitting the LP to Sony) there were some last minute changes to some mix selections + both "30 Days Out" and "Trouble River" were dropped (or left off for potential b-sides).....and "The Long Goodbye" was added...which resulted in the 14-track official HT album.

"30 Days Out" did indeed appear as a b-side but "Trouble River" stayed in the vault until it was shortlisted for 'TRACKS', bumped when the box set was shortened, and then issued on '18TRACKS'

I don't know who the musicians are (besides Bruce) on "30 Day Out" - but if I had to take a guess I would say they are the same ones as on "Trouble River"...very similar sound to my ears.
Link copied to your clipboard.