Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Mathias posted:

We missed each other by one day: I was there on the 25th.

Was the only time I've seen 57 CHANNELS (AND NOTHIN' ON)  live... ;-)

Stampe was more lucky than us. He got "Follow that dream".

So, it seems Mathias, I shared my best and my worst Bruce show with you. I was there on the 25th too. How come we didn't meet?

I was on that U2 show in Dortmund in '89: 14th of December. Still remember the looong hair of The Edge and the support group. B.B. King with a cool horn section. That was one of the very last concerts from the "old U2".

The next one I've been to was May '92 in Munich. Zoo TV! Second row dead center, later first row after the girl in front of me was pulled on stage to dance with Bono. That was one of the very best concerts I've been to. I was absolutely blown away. It was still the time, when we were not spoiled by the internet. One was not knowing what to expect. And then this stage with lots of monitors, a Trabbi over our heads and crazy lights. The firts eight or so songs were from the new album. So much energy and such a raw sound! Rock n Roll, Baby!

U2 was never that good again like during this first leg in '92. Already the next leg in the big stadiums was not that good anymore and from there it became worse every tour...

ralfsturm posted:
Mathias posted:

We missed each other by one day: I was there on the 25th.

Was the only time I've seen 57 CHANNELS (AND NOTHIN' ON)  live... ;-)

Stampe was more lucky than us. He got "Follow that dream".

So, it seems Mathias, I shared my best and my worst Bruce show with you. I was there on the 25th too. How come we didn't meet?

I also got that at Horsens last summer. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.