Skip to main content

I heard this on Sirius XM today.  It will be on Channel 25 and also the Billy Joel channel which I think is 30.  Bootleggers roll your tapes.

Change Rocks" benefit show for Barack Obama's presidential campaign. Bruce first backs John Legend for a song, and then does a pair of solo acoustic songs. Then, after Billy Joel plays "Miami 2017 (Seen The Lights Go Out On Broadway)" and "Baby Grand" with his daughter Alexa Ray Joel, Bruce, Patti Scialfa and Roy Bittan join Joel and his band for the rest of the set - a mixture of Joel and Springsteen songs. John Legend and India Arie also guest on "Spirit In The Night", "The Rising", and "People Get Ready", plus Stevie Wonder's classic "Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours" with Barack Obama.

The SPL Rocks!

Prego che tu stia danzando con San Pietro alle porte perlacee del cielo

Pulled up to my house today
Came and took my little girl away!
Giants Stadium 8/28/03

Oats

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

andersi posted:

I just wonder if this show was broadcast on E Street Radio at all - since there has been no fuzz about it at all. Was it just a fake advertisement ? Anybody knows ?

Anders

Not fake news, I listened to it twice.  I'm sure a tape will surface soon.  It will be on a couple of more times also.

The SPL Rocks!

Giants Stadium 8/28/03

Oats

It will be on the Billy Joel Channel 10:00 pm tomorrow, Jan 31.

They are playing it on other channels too.  Use the search function on Sirius like I did.

https://www.siriusxm.com/servl...mList&cid=129395

The SPL Rocks!

Giants Stadium 8/28/03

Oats

Thanks so much for the help, Oats. Now I've finally got to hear the show. It sounds terrific. The only downpoint is that they don't broadcast the complete show. The opening two acoustic tracks, plus "Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out" and "The Rising" are all missing. The final two all-artists-on-stage-songs ("People Get Ready" and "Signed Sealed Delivered I'm Yours") are also missing from the broadcast. Another strange thing is that the songs are in a rather random order, starting with "New York State Of Mind" and ending with "River Of Dreams".  But all in all a truly nice document of a show that formerly only could be heard on a poor and unlistenable audience recording.

Anders

I'm guessing that it may be Billy Joel's peeps that put this together since it was heard on his channel first.  As far as the missing tracks that may be due to not getting the releases from those artists.  Sometimes these benefits are put together so quickly they forget to get them signed and some artists do not want them heard if it's not their best work or their own band, etc., etc...

On a side note, I never knew there was a poor audience recording of this.  If possible perhaps you could share it?

The SPL Rocks!

Giants Stadium 8/28/03

Oats

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.