Skip to main content

My first Bruce show and the first Thunder Road of the Tunnel tour.

Big thanks to my dad for bringing me to the show when I was just a little kid of 11, going on 12.

27/07/88 - OSLO - NORWAY, VALLE HOVIN STADIUM

TUNNEL OF LOVE / BOOM BOOM / ADAM RAISED A CAIN / DOWNBOUND TRAIN / ALL THAT HEAVEN WILL ALLOW / THE RIVER / BADLANDS / COVER ME / BRILLIANT DISGUISE / SPARE PARTS / WAR / BORN IN THE USA / CHIMES OF FREEDOM / THUNDER ROAD / WHO DO YOU LOVE - SHE'S THE ONE / YOU CAN LOOK ... / I'M A COWARD / I'M ON FIRE / TOUGHER THAN THE REST / BECAUSE THE NIGHT / DANCING IN THE DARK / LIGHT OF DAY - inc LIGHT OF A 1000 DANCES / BORN TO RUN (ACOUSTIC) / HUNGRY HEART / GLORY DAYS / BOBBY JEAN / CADILLAC RANCH / SWEET SOUL MUSIC / RAISE YOUR HAND / TWIST AND SHOUT / HAVING A PARTY
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The '88 shows were great. Bloomington Night remains the king of bootlegs from this time..............

Slane Castle Meath '85 RDS Dublin '88 '93 '99 '03 '08 '08 '08 '09 '09 '12 '12 Point Dublin '96 '06 '06 06 Stade de France Paris '03 '13 Bercy Paris '05 SAP Arena Mannheim '07 Odyssey Belfast '07 Millenium Cardiff '08 Parc de Princes Paris '08 Monte del Gozo Santiago de Compostela '09 Olympiastadion Berlin '12 Etihad Manchester '12 Hyde Park London '12 Wembley Stadium London '13 Thomand Park Limerick '13 Pairc Uí Caoimh Cork '13 King's Hall Arena Belfast '13 Nowlan Park Kilkenny '13 '13

I was 23 then. Time passes...
I bought a bus-and-show package for Stockholm 2.July, because I was determined to see him & the band THIS TIME around (didn't make it to Ullevi in '85). Oslo wasn't yet part of the tour as I bought that package. Glad it wasn't, actually,...or I probably would not have gone to Stockholm!
Well, getting TWO shows in one month felt GREAT (to say the least). I actually can't recall any particular moment for the show that well, but I was immensely satisfied to be there!

ShabbyDog, I actually had that recording on my HD, by the way. Your torrent! I listened to a couple of songs, and it is pretty good!
Link copied to your clipboard.